- When considering life insurance ask yourself “What is the purpose for this insurance?
- You see there is no specific formula or amount of coverage which is right for every person seeking life insurance coverage.
- Are you trying to replace loss income in the event of premature death of a spouse?
- Is this for legacy planning for your family?
At DFS we always assess the need for insurance before determining how much coverage is necessary or which type of insurance one should put in place.
Long Term Care Insurance
Long term care is extremely expensive.
Fortunately there are many ways to insurance your family against this risk. Insurance to protect you and your family may or may not be the right thing for your situation
Some questions to consider whether or not protection makes sense for you:
- Would you like to stay in your home as long as possible?
- Do you have assets which may need protection from the high costs of care?
- Would you rather that your children are care managers opposed to being care givers?
- If you answer yes to these questions then a long term care policy may be right for you.
- Disability insurance will protect your income in the event you become disabled and are not able to continue working.
- In most cases the least expensive way to obtain this type of protection is through an employer group plan. Plans may include a short term, a long term disability option or both.
- What this protection will cost is dependent on a number of factors such as; your income level, the job position and duties performed, and more. There also may be tax implications which will vary depending on how the policy is paid for.
To find out if a disability insurance policy is right for you contact us: